Dot Com Mogul Checklist for July 2007
Wow, the last couple months have been a total blur. I didn’t do a Dot Com Mogul Checklist for June because I was away in Taiwan for the COMPUTEX Computer Show. Then I headed off to Hong Kong and Macau to commune with my people. It’s experiences like these that make me realize just how lucky I am to be able to do what I do. Let’s see how all that travelling and freedom impacted my Dot Com Mogul Status for July!
1. Your income must come about as a result of the money you make from the Internet – That’s a CHECK!
2. The minimum internet income level is $10,000 a month (you cannot add income from other sources to hit this $10K level) – I made it so that’s a CHECK! That’s the second time this year that I’ve passed the $10K mark as January was the first time.
3.You have no jobs outside of the Internet – I’m still unemployed so CHECK!
4. You have a personal blog with your name as the domain name – CHECK THAT!
*UPDATE* 5. Your blog must be updated at least ONCE PER DAY – I’ve actually come to the realization that this is pretty stupid. I’m going to say something when I need to say it, but I know I have something to say at least twice a week so I’m going to alter this with two posts a week. One to start the week. One to end the week. Otherwise I’m just posting videos or making shit up. At one point, I thought about getting someone to guest blog. However, this isn’t Stephen Fung DOT NET and Friends 😛
6. A Google search of your name must be at the #1 spot – This one must be a tough one because it looks like John Chow is no longer a Dot Com Mogul. His Evilness is nowhere near the top. I guess good prevails? However, I’m STILL NUMBER ONE! It also looks like WikiPedia has restored my listing. Let’s give that a CHECK!
7. You must be willing to help dot com mogul wannabes – The mail bag has been a little low this month, but nonetheless, I do what I can. CHECK!
8. Give time, money, or anything of value to a charitable cause each month – One of the things that I’ve enjoyed the most is being in a position where I can help charities. This past month, I challenged readers to enter my contest and produce a donation to charity based on the number of entries I received. The winner not only got a prize, but got the opportunity to donate my money to a charity or his or her choice. Everyone that entered gets to check this one off their list so CHECK FOR ALL OF YOU!
9. Personally help at least one person establish their online presence via a blog or website or help them enhance one they already have every month – Does helping to restore a blog help? Brice Wong got himself hacked again but he was up and running again in no time. Unfortunately, he got all his pictures deleted. Poor guy. CHECK!
For July, I really only missed one, which was the blogging every day thing. I usually make that one but altering to twice a week I think is the right thing to do. If I don’t have anything to say, I shouldn’t make something up or go get someone to do it for me. It’s my blog and it has my name, so it is my responsibility. Till next month! 🙂